View Single Post
# 1 14-08-2003 , 05:15 PM

the ratio size from an object ?

hello friends !

If I will create a simply primitive plane, I can see the size from the object in the attribute editor.

In the TRansform Attributes, I can see the Translate, Rotate, and Scale options. And the Scale Option shows me the size from the object. Scale, 1:1:1 for each axis.

So, the primitive plane does have 1:1:1 in the scale values.

If I create now a texture for that plane, I do know, that the texture will perfect fit the object, if the size is 1:1. As example, 100x100 pixel, or 10x10 pixel, or even 1000x1000 pixel.

okay....

Now, I have wings from an airplaine, and the object is much more complex. But to get less streching in the texture, I will fit it as much as possible to the right size from the wing.

If I do that, I can avoid big streching parts. And of course, if I have more Isoparms on the surface, it will be better.

But my question is:
The wing is a complex surface, and I don´t know where I can get the right ratio size ? Where I can see in the attribute editor the value of the x,y, and z axis ? As the same values like I can see in from the primitive plane ?

If I could find it out, I can create the texture file in the same size, and I do have less streches. hmm, well, of course all my objects are nurbs objects, and I don´t want to solve this with UV´s and polys. I search for a sultion in nurbs texturing.

okay, maybe someone can help me !!!

thx for every little help,
bernhard

contact me via MSN: rieder@utanet.at