View Single Post
# 2 04-04-2009 , 01:41 PM
Lead Modeler - Framestore
Yeah it sucks for sure that this has happened, I read over at CGchannel that the FBI are now involved in the situation.

As you say someone will get fired over it. Its probably some schmo in the studio who has been done for something and gotten real pissed and decided to do the dirty and get the film out there.

The viewing pleasure will be next to none as the film is bound to be in an unfinished state. But I think its pretty weak of anyone to watch it like this as well just to save a few bucks from going to the cinema (I know not everyone will) but you get my meaning. Hopefully people who do care for the film wont download it and wait until it arrives in May to watch it properly - I for one will wait!

Piracy is always going to be there no matter what you do. Its just the way the world works - in some cases its more extreme than others - this leak of wolverine being a prime example - regardless of whether 20th Cen. Fox is a bad company, what about the actors and crew who work hard to make these things for entertainment value for dudes and dudettes like us.

Another consideration is it doesnt bode well either for the likes of myself who work on cg based projects, we could now be open to scrutiny whilst working on such things and end up getting searched night after night to see if we are taking anything illegal. theres always one bastard ready to ruin it for the rest of us. I dont think I'd be up for the 'rubber gloved' strip search after a day in the saddle for sure LOL

Also just to finish on a lighter note - Revenge of the Sith was number on the DVD charts in Japan - 3 months before the films worldwide release according to the films producer Rick McAllum. So it shows that not even the like of George Lucas has the power to stop the Machine

cheers
Jay