View Single Post
# 20 23-10-2008 , 04:42 PM
When Autodesk acquired Maya, there were so many emotionally charged threads on every forum predicting "doomsday" and all that. While the updated versions haven't shown any earth-shattering breakthroughs, there have been improvements and it's still a fantastic piece of kit. I'm sure the same will be true for XSI. Autodesk will more than likely aim each software at different target markets. In one sense, I find it a bit comical....I mean come on....When did LotR come out? Weren't they using Maya 4.5 or something back then? What about FFX? Spiderman? The list goes on. People get so caught up in things NOT in the software or that "this one has had it for 10 years but Maya doesn't" type of things....it'd take me a lifetime just to master the things it DOES come with....both from technical and artistic standpoint. I can understand folks in the business wanting things to speed up the pipeline so in that sense, I could see the frustration with slow software development progress. You really only have to start worrying when they start stripping major things out of your chosen software. user added image

"Terminat Bora Diem, Terminal Auctor opus."