View Single Post
# 8 30-04-2003 , 02:09 PM
Subscriber
Wow, totally forgot about this post user added image

Well, let's see... It was back in Februrary right?

It was pretty cool, execpt for the fact I didn't know anyone there user added image There was pizza and drinks in the beginning and time to mingle.. I'm not a good mingler user added image

I saw Alex Alverez of Gnomon Inc. on my way of out the restroom, did know what to say, so I just said "hey, what's up?" and he replied "what's up?" and that was it. A real deep Maya conversation, I know user added image

We then went into a big room where presentations were being held.
First presentation was a guy from apple inc. He showed us Shake in a production
shared some of the shake techniques used in Lord of the Rings with some clips of the movie.

Next was Zoic Studios, and they shared various clips they've done for tv shows like Buffy, and Angel, and others. Shared techinques they used in Maya for production. They were asking for demo reels, but I did not have one ready :\

Last was supposed to be Metrolight studios, but they cancelled, so Alex did a Maya techinque, way too crazy for me to ever do, but educational on how deep and crazy maya can be.

They also gave out prizes ex. Gnomon videos. I didn't win anything.. :\

That was pretty much it. It was fun, and I think it'll be better the next time around, if I can work on my mingling skills user added image

George

God Bless you and 3D