Thread: lamp outside
View Single Post
# 11 17-03-2009 , 09:55 PM
Subscriber

Originally posted by hammer.horror
the lamp makes no sense to me. it would not have been designed to be half in and half out.

I think the lamp needs more of a bump map on it. you could even just move a few verts to make it look not so CG. (its too smooth and perfect.) give it a few dents. user added image

the shadows as were mentioned need to be softer. having them sharp for contrast doesn't make as much sense as having the textures provide contrast. anyway, I thought you were lighting this with IBL? ...it will help your glass look like glass.

I checked out some tuts on IBL hammer and looked for some panorama for the sky dome but could not find any that were sufficient. Any Ideas? As for the lamp it is designed from a reference and looks just like that with the bulb half way out. I thought it was weird at first but I like the design because it is different. I was actually looking for a cg look on this render though so I used direct lighting and light linking. I had moonlight mixed in in the first render and didn't like it as much. I will go back to the moonlight though because it does make more sense. Thanks for the crit.