View Single Post
# 1 03-12-2006 , 10:18 AM

making blendshapes for a head - help please copying the head is causing me problems

hi all,
ok im modeling a head and need to make blendshapes for it to help with the animation.
my problem is not knowing how to do this, but copying the existing head and all its controls and bones and moving it else where in the scene and then playing with it.
i have a number of CV curves etc for controls and already have blend shapes for the tongue etc, but so far my method of making copies of all of this is not working as i want.
i select everything in the outliner and put it as a new group and then copy it with the inputs else the controls dont work, but my problem comes when i move the head else where as the head moves and so does everything else but the bones and teeth and some of the other controls follow but not as fast / as far as the head goes so the bones are out of the head.

hope ive explained this well enough and i would think there would be a proper way of doing this, so many thanks for replies and help..

take care.

ps ive included a file to show my problem hope it uploads.

Attached Thumbnails