View Single Post
# 1 07-02-2007 , 08:26 PM
Inspector Lee

Help, my texture is moving!

I really need help! I've never encountered this problem before. A client sent me a model to map & texture, and I'm finished with it. Then I went to test animate it. When I move the model, all the textures slide and shift, as I'm moving it. When I opened the UV texture editor, I could watch the UV map warp, twist and finally explode into a jumble of white lines, as I rotated the model. If I rotate it back to it's original position, the UV map shifts interactively back to it's original position as well.

In messing with it, I've figured out that it has something to do with the "automatic UV mapping" feature. There are a few pieces to this model that were mapped separately using a planar or cylindrical projection (rather than the "automatic mapping"), and those pieces aren't having this problem. So I went back and tried re-mapping one of the troubled sections with a planar projection instead of automatic mapping and the problem is gone. Is there any way I can fix this without remapping the whole thing?
I'm working with Maya 7.0 for Mac, if that matters.