Thread: MAC vs PC
View Single Post
# 90 03-02-2008 , 08:25 PM

why not chime in...

I used windows for years, I mean YEARS. I work as a network / LAN administrator and have for a very long time. I'm certified in MS - have my MCSE (expired now, it was for NT) but still work with 03 server and XP and all the windows stuff. BUT... Last year my wife said that she wanted to try an Apple, so I got her an iMac for her birthday. What an epiphany! I've been running a small photography business on the side since 1998 and often scan medium format negatives at ridiculous resolutions. While my windows pc (3G E, 2G, XP) was scanning, that's pretty much what it sat there and did, I couldn't do anything else, or god forbid, the scan might cancel - they often take an hour or longer. I just learned to live with it's shortcomings. Long story short, after messing wth my wife's I got me a dual G5 and I could scan, be in photoshop, do EVERYTHING all at the same time. I could focus on working on images not tinkering with windows settings. so really, using Apple computers has set me free - I'll never go back! My work productivity has increased, the quality of my work has increased, my joy of photography has returned. And now I'm starting to model in Maya, Vue, and Strata - delightful!