View Single Post
# 9 06-05-2008 , 11:32 PM
Subscriber
AikoWorld it's actually "progressing" believe it or not.
I finally got the Directional Light to turn on earlier. I did as you've just suggested. Deleted ALL of the lights and 'rebuilt' everything. But all that got me was even more frustrated. So I did it all AGAIN. Eventually, I tried using Other lights in the scene. That seemed to "wake" Maya up. The 'directional light remained 'Off' but a Spot came on and it could be seen outside of the Room area with no 'glass' in the window. As soon as I put the glass back in the window, it all went to hell in a handbasket again.
But as I told you ... if nothing ELSE I am a 'stubborn' mongrel.
After a few more times, I FINALLY got the Directional light to shine through the "Glass" 'Plane'. I have to rebuild a "Decent Scene" as ( so far ) I have just been using very simple 'sets' purely in my attempts to get things moving. But there IS light at the end of the tunnel now at least ( No "Pun" intended.)
It HAS to have been some sort of "Functional" MalFunction with my lights through Maya itself.
Things that wouldn't even SHOW A SIGN of Life before appear to be working just "fine" AGAIN now.
I'll keep my "absolute" jubilation until I have a "Scene" ( along with reflections and shadows ) all 'working' the way I expected them to from the beginning. But I see it getting there sooner rather than so very much LATER, now.
Thanks to all of you "for being there" for me. I appreciate your help and your patience very much.