View Single Post
# 6 12-03-2010 , 11:14 AM
As Zbrushiac sounds stupid!
@daverave. Thanks. Yeah, I'm basically just taking renders within Zbrush of different layers of the creature i.e: Dermal, sub-dermal, specular, etc. Then composting them in photoshop. Some of the layers are poly-painted for a better effect, but I'm still just learning poly-painting, so this one was just a test. As for the last guys hair... yeah, it was all just thrown on there. He's actually the same person (model) as the one above him, but I threw a quick tash on him, and gave him some better eyes.... completely changed the model. And yeah, I'm using reference, mainly just pictures of people's faces. But I mainly borrow features from multiple faces.... take the bits that I like from each.

@ctbram. Yeah, they're all sculpted of the same base mesh (except the creature). I guess some of that is seeping through the characters..... guess I could just sat they're related user added image

BASE MESH:

user added image

@gster123. Thanks, the face sculpts are done on a base mesh (above) and are based on reference images. The creature was free-formed from Z-spheres. And yeah, the creature is strange... as for the hard surfaces, it's meant to be more like a beak than a mouth.... or some kind of mix of both. I'm not really sure.

Derby's great, thanks for asking... just getting my bearings back at moment, and yeah, will give you a shout if I find myself heading to Manchester.

Thanks for the comments!

www.stevenegan-cgi.com

"Your weapons are no match for ours! People of Mars, surrender!"
"Um, this isn't Mars. This is Earth."
"Earth? Earth-with-nuclear-weapons Earth?"
"Yes."
[long pause] "Friend!!"