View Single Post
# 311 14-12-2010 , 12:34 AM
Administrator
Guys, I had a look through this whole thread and there's so much nice work in it and a very interesting read so thanks for sharing. I've started to draw a lot of parallels lately because I was always interested in art long before I knew what Maya and Photoshop was and things like this is bringing the two together.

I went back to look at the photo galleries of Steve McCurry, I used to try and replicate things like you did here Mahesh a few years back in pencil drawings and seeing this brought a lot of memories back. Me and Dave just had a discussion because I love the portrait gallery while Dave really doesn't like it and it's basically for the same reason. I think the comment for this gallery on how he's trying to catch a glimpse of the soul is what makes it so interesting to look at whereas Dave doesn't think there's anyhing to it because the essence of the soul can't be captured in the microsecond of a photograph. Or as he put it so nicely: "He could have that look because he's in a poor country or because he's in the middle of a fart" very dave likeuser added image he doesn't like portrait photography in any form, so it just comes to show how subjective art is.

But Mahesh, please post it in a separate thread in finished work so I can move it to the gallery, I don't want to rip out posts and take your image and upload it myself from this thread because I'm an admin on the site. You can use the same file and also the last post you just added here, it would make me very happy. I think it would get more exposure and I also think a lot of people would be able to draw some inspiration from that work just like I did when I saw it now. So it belongs in a gallery.

Thanks,
Nilla