Thread: Script Request
View Single Post
# 9 15-04-2012 , 08:48 PM
Subscriber
Aye, Modo. I need to learn that program i just don'e have time to do it with all the client demands on me atm.

The biggest problem i had with extrudes using your method on that model was the fact that all the greeblies were beveled, and when i extruded the poly sitting in the proper direction then it left a huge step looking area, which would show up on the prototype. If i extrude all of the polys that are taken in to the bevel then i get some screwed up extrusion that resembles a mushroom head.. My solution was to extrude the bevel then just scale the extruded areas in till it blended pretty close to the original tapered area.

Prototyping is a fun job, its amazing to be able to see your 3d models come to life as real subjects...but. Getting it all right is crazy, things that you could let go in visual effects cannot be overlooked in prototyping..and conversely things that you would have to fix on a model for rendering, can be totally ignored for a prototyped mesh.

Jay. If you want, i can show you pictured of the Prototyped Action VI (Wild KArrde) transport i send you in progress images of, finally got it in the mail a few dyas ago and snapped a few images before i sent it to the client.

George