Thread: cube poeple
View Single Post
# 21 25-06-2006 , 06:04 AM
Subscriber
G'day mirek,

to rig a model is basically when you make a skeleton using the joint tool and bind it to the geometry, once bound the geometry will move with the skeleton. The basic skeleton runs on FK (forward kinematic) controls, this is where each joint works seperately, a bit like posing a stop frame animation puppet. It's possible to add IK (inverse kinematic) controls to your rig, these allow you to control the movement os a limb by selecting just one joint, for example if you use an IK handle on a leg you need only move the ankle and the knee and hip will follow accordingly.

bcrichplayer, thanks. Someone already said that it reminds them of lego starwars, we'll see what happens!! I rendered it using mentalray with finalgather, all of the stage geometry has a slightly incandescent white shader on it to give it that whiter than white look. I've also used a few point lights placed inside the room and a large area light outside. I'll try to remember to post a piture of the set up when my desktop is up and running.

Take it easy,

Mat.