View Single Post
# 47 30-11-2002 , 03:21 PM
Regarding tutorials, I thought it might be kind of cool to have a few addressing the frequently asked "How do I do this?" type of questions that seem to pop up over and over again on the various maya forums. For example here are a couple I see over and over again:

-- "How do I make a starfield in Maya?" (a simple paint fx tutorial maybe on a sphere)

-- "How do I create a planet with atmosphere and clouds in Maya? I could do it in MAX but don't know how in Maya."

Personally, I LOVED the two freebie tuts you put up on compositing for VFX. How about a continuation demonstrating methods of adding realism to a comp. (like if you have a couple of pillars and plop them down in an oceanic background...working with lighting and masking to make everything cohesive). You could also walk through some Maya Live tutorials (for the VIP section, of course).

Eh, I'm rambling. I think it would just be nice to see tutorials that aren't the same ones linked from every other site on maya....the same head modeling tutorials, y'know?