View Single Post
# 2 24-10-2006 , 07:20 PM
well how does yours look when interlinked, or can you just not do it?

after reading this post i played around and was able to do it... (keep in mind i'm jumping between viewports so pay attention and keep up! user added image)

using the ep curve tool (and snap to grid) i drew points like so..
user added image

then, i selected all the points at the top (the sets of three) and scaled them in the z until they were even (so i scaled til the z wouldn't move anymore). then, i selected diagonal sets like this
user added image

and moved them about .1 away from the rest of the line in the y axis like this
user added image

i did the same with the opposite sloping diagonal sets, but in the opposite direction, so the curve looks like this
user added image

now with the new sets of diagonals in the top viewport i selected the diagonal sets one at a time like so
user added image

and scaled them in the x axis so they look like this
user added image

repeat on every set of diagonals you see and you'll end up with a front view of
user added image

and a top view of
user added image

from here, i re-entered object mode and scaled the curve to look how i wanted, created a nurbs circle and extruded it along the path with tube, at path, component, and profile normal for the first four options (oh and i re-aligned my circle to somewhat match the entry point of the curve)

after extruding, i got my wire. i deleted the history on the wire and duplicated it, rotating the duplicate 180 degrees and then moving it so it matched up with the original... after duplicating it a few more times (and rotating when needed) i ended up with this...
user added image

i hope it's what you were after.

Accept no substitutions.