View Single Post
# 5 19-10-2002 , 11:04 PM
Subscriber
The board has given me the title senior member, but I'd really prefer "senior newbie member" user added image .

I'll write something here, because I feel like taking a break from the modeling.

Making plastic-models of airplanes has always been a hobby of mine, but I never got to go pro with painting and airbrushing, now that's something to fiddle about at the age of 70. I'm not going to listen to geriatric music and such, that I am sure of.

I study architecture, although I'm having a looong break from my studies. I love to model with cardboard and such at school.

After toying with maya for half a year now, I'm now familliar with many of the modeling functions. But that does not include subdivision tools and animation tools.

I still have, pretty much, no clue to texturing or animation. But I'm getting a hang on nurbs modeling.

I started to use maya in the hope of making cool rendering of my architecture-projects at shool.

I , I, I... I have also tried FormZ and ArchiCad, but Maya is far more pleasurable to model with, imho.

So the projects of mine here at simplymaya is just for fun.

My drawback is that I'm not that fond of simply playing around with modeling. Only a fascinating project gives me the "go go" for making something.

I wish I had a virtual maya teatcher, kinda like that medic-guy in star trek voyager.

I will always be a mediocre model-artist, but Im happy with it!!! user added image

But at least I can fiddle with details and such. Fiddle with details long enough and it will start to look "good".

I do not support Bush! Nor Saddam! Long live UN!