Thread: 2009 Camaro
View Single Post
# 31 02-01-2008 , 12:26 AM
As Zbrushiac sounds stupid!
UPDATE...... FINALLY :attn:

Well, over the last week we've had to reinstall our Computers, and reinstall all of the software, because our computers were simply just not doing it. We found a Virus on one, and the other just keeps blue Screening all the time....

So with all my time been spent away from Maya I've not been able to do any work on the Camaro. Now I've installed Maya on my computer (which can barely handle the Camaro scene.)
I've been able to pretty much finish up on all the modeling for this project.

Stuff Modeled since last Update:

Re-Build front Bumper!

Panelized the Rear end of the Camaro.

Practically rebuilt the Rims.

Built the Inner workings of the Wheels (brake Disks/Pads and all that garbage.) As well as Small Chevy Logs to mount on the Rims.

Built up the Rear Air intake.

Spent hours in PS learning how to create Disp maps from scratch. For the Tire Tread.

Built up the Gas Cap (In high detail)

Built the window wipers.

And some general tweaking!

Mostly stuff thats no to noticeable at a distance, but can make or brake a model..... or so I'm told!

Anyway, enough blabber.... Pics:

Wheel with Displacement map applied:

(needs some cleaning up!)

user added image

Base Wheel Wire:

user added image

Some Clay renders of the Car:

Note: You may not be able to see much difference between these renders and the last. Partly because I'm using the same render set up as before (if it works why not?)
And because most of the progress that has taken place is small and fine detailing, and fine tweaking.

user added image

user added image

user added image

user added image

Theres still some areas that i might like to refine some more, but I'm nearly ready to call the modeling complete, so that i can move onto the Texturing, and rendering aspect of the project.

Anyway, C&C more than welcome user added image

www.stevenegan-cgi.com

"Your weapons are no match for ours! People of Mars, surrender!"
"Um, this isn't Mars. This is Earth."
"Earth? Earth-with-nuclear-weapons Earth?"
"Yes."
[long pause] "Friend!!"