View Single Post
# 12 28-12-2010 , 11:44 AM
@bullet1968: Man, thx for posting that anatomical picture. At the moment I saw it I remembered I have the complete anatomical atlas, where that comes from as regular print. I was searching my ass off on the internet and I have all I need in the shelf right behind me, lol! Kind of a proof that staying too long on the internet does damage the brain. user added image

The problem with the fur is, I cannot use particle systems to fake it in that PC game. I will have to mesh it and add some alphaed fur planes at the edges. I might experiment with some of those techniques on the highpoly version, which I will make in ZBrush lateron though.

@maheshsubbiah: Thx, I will finish this and try to find a decent animator, who brings this beast to life for the PC game.

PS: The problem with this head is that I didn't get the topology right. The edge flow doesn't really support the shapes it needs to bring out. I tried to have all quads, but each additional edge loop on the head means another additional loop on the body aswell, which is an awful thing. Maybe I should have redirected the loops away from the heads lenght axis.

I will post a pic of the head in the topology section and see what the cracks have to say... user added image

TDWuser added image