View Single Post
# 1 27-06-2005 , 12:28 AM
Subscriber

My Cartoon dog, Spike

I thought I give it another shot on what I have been looking for as to my cartoon dog. I tried to do the video and I still have problems with a few things. One is I am not use to modeling with only one side view picture reference, and the second problem is I notice that the video doesn't really focus on keeping even 4 sided polys. Everytime I try to do the video I always come out with twice the amount of polys that kurt had when going from one video to the next. So I found one solution by finding both a front view and a side view reference dog, and I have been using that as my reference.

I am sort of satisfied with my dog, but I think the eye sockets could be better shaped, have less polys around the snout area, and the polys could be more evenly spaced. Though I guess that comes with practice. Also, if your wondering where the snout is, I haven't got to it as of yet. In addition, I also am not sure what to do with the velcro shoe lace straps as to what would be the best method to animate them so that the dog could fold them over, and unfold them when he is ready to take the shoes off.

So I am asking you guys what would you think be best method to use for the velcro shoelaces? Meaning do you think I should use cloth, hair or bones? What I like to have is for the velcro straps to have a contious flow when the dog folds the straps over sort of like how a snake slithers along its' path.

Also, what method should I use so that the dog's ears can flap around when the dog starts moving around?

Attached Thumbnails

Last edited by junkyBob; 27-06-2005 at 12:32 AM.