View Single Post
# 1 23-01-2007 , 08:10 AM

Advice appreciated

Hi Guys,

I've just been thrown in to a pretty bad state of affairs and would appreciate advice from guys in the industry (and anyone else doing 3D) as to what they think.
Basically I was due to start a Masters in 3D animation next week but have just been informed that the specific course has been cancelled. The main aim was so that it gave me a year's worth of full time experience in modelling and animating and working in teams doing that - the qualification at the end is just an added extra but really isnt half as important as the experience I'd get during that time.

So I have a few options which may or may not be beneficial, let me know what you think:

1) accept an alternate course which may not have much animation content and may or may not be adaptable to give me what I want
2) give it all in and go back to doing web development of which I'm bored of but pays the bills
3) look for a paid course like at escapestudios or similar which is only a short period of time and expensive but will help to push my 3D development
4) Work as hard as possible to produce enough work for a portfolio and try and get a bottom level job in the 3D industry

Now I'm fairly much a realist when it comes to life so would really appreciate views on what people think so I can really analyse the options instead of choosing the 'usual' thing that I'd do.

Thanks in advance for any advice/info people throw my way user added image

Si

Examples of bTraffic - a traffic animation tool for Maya
bFlocking - a tool for Maya 8.5+ to generate flocking and swarming behaviours
Jan/Feb Challenge 2007 Entry and W.I.P
May/Jun Challenge 2006 Entry and W.I.P
Mar/Apr Challenge 2006 Entry and W.I.P
Jan/Feb Challenge 2006 Entry and W.I.P
Nov/Dec Challenge 2005 Entry and W.I.P
Sep/Oct Challenge 2005 Entry and W.I.P
Jul/Aug Challenge 2005 Entry
www.flash-fx.net