View Single Post
# 9 25-01-2007 , 03:57 AM
well speaking from an "industry" point of view a degree helps but it isn't the be all and end all of getting a job. If you have your heart set on this industry the best thing to do is get experience in whatever way you can! Do you have a reel together? Have you sent it out? Have you checked all the big studios? How old are you (just checking you're not 15 or anything so you get taken seriously!) You could apply for runners jobs (they suck but at least you get into the company). From what I can see we hire people very much on potential so if your reel shows potential then you never know what could happen, your degree wont help you there.

I've been to Escape for a one day session through work and it was good. I think any sort of formal training is great but it's no guarantee of a job!

I got my job through going to Bournemouth Uni to do a MSc in computer animation and I was hired straight from that. But only because I took a chance and sent a, very crappy I have to add, reel and the right person saw it at the right time. Im still here almost 4 years later!

Do you have a link to your portfolio / reel?

user added image
A

Technical Director - Framestore

Currently working on: Your Highness

IMDB