View Single Post
# 10 25-01-2007 , 10:04 AM
Subscriber
Hi tickles,

I'm actually on a 12 week course at Escape as we speak. I'm on one of the comprehensive courses. Obviously for that reason there's little point me telling you what i would do.

I would say if your heart is really in it, you need to judge with critical eyes on your own work. Do YOU think you're good enough at the moment? If yes, then seriously just get together as good a showreel asap and get it off to the 'usual suspects' and also a few studios you'd love to work at.

If no, I can only vouch for Escape. I'm sure you've done your research but the tutors there are fantastic. They dont just come with a great wealth of 3d experience, they're really friendly and welcoming people too who will stay hours after classes just to help you and chat about the industry. They really make you feel comfortable, and the environment is spot on. It's expensive but imo you get what you pay for. I've learnt so much in 4 weeks it's almost daunting. It's kinda like a crash course in a way.

Like someone else said, you do need to follow your heart on this as only you will be making the sacrifices. Whatever you choose just go 110% on it, and you can't go wrong.

Game art WIP - Speeder Bike
Game art WIP - Speeder Bike Rider
Game art WIP - Ornathopter!