View Single Post
# 10 24-12-2003 , 01:26 AM
Subscriber
sure thing Darkware. What I did was aply the new fur discription. I didn't change anynames but it should all be in the same place anyway.. select the fur its self. In the attribute editer the midel tab normaly comes up first.. the furFeedBackShape. that has your samples per U and V. you want the tab next to that on the right.. FurDiscription1 is what I have but I didn't change the name this time. It will have a choise box for the light model. thin right under that is the density. Its set to 1000 buy defalt, a gess for your grass, say even a small back yard would be around 100,000.

I would start off with lower figers and see how it gose.. but just so you know I'v had it up to 600,000 but it was like a 10 minuet render.. just for the fur part..

Let me know how it works for you. I would like to hear good things about fur. Let me know my feelings about it are off. I think with grass and it not being fur on a animal that you will find the look of it ok. wandering if fur would show up in a depth map.