View Single Post
# 56 30-12-2002 , 09:47 PM
Subscriber
It all started when I was introduced to the Nintendo 64 back in 96' I believe. I loved playing video games and found that I was a natural at it. Some things in the games I played seemed imperfect, though. I always had an idea in my head on how improvement could be made. Not long after, I began designing my own levels in Microsoft Paint. I dreamed about becoming a game designer. Back in the day, Goldeneye was the game everyone played. RARE is the company who created it as well as several other groundbreaking games that I love. I went to their website and stumbled upon their recruitment section. For designers and 3D artists it specified that you must have experience in a 3D program - preferably Maya. "MAYA" I said to myself as I began to search the web for the program. Unfortuanatly, I had just gotten the internet and didn't know where to look for such a website. My search skills were not very good at the time. One day, I was watching Tech TV and saw a comercial for Maya. (the one where the scientist's eyes pop out) Anyway, $1999 was the price. I rushed to the internet and quickly bought the program.

Movies, games, animations, still images of 3D work, and knowing that I finally have a limitless way to express myself has inspired me to keep at it since then.

www.Darkware3D.com