View Single Post
# 1 04-06-2006 , 06:34 PM
Subscriber

mental ray baking

Hi there all,
Lately, I have been working on my 1970 Dodge charger, which I am focusing on using for a game. As of right now, I am working on the alloy's, which I have created a chrome technigue that I learned from watching the Ferari remastered video. Basically rather then creating 50 million nodes to create chrome, the person in the video uses one blinn shader with the right settings, and also turned on final gathering. So to make a long story short, I was able to get the right looks for what I am looking for when I render it, but when I try to bake it with Mental Ray's batch render, it just comes out shinny but nothing got reflected. Now from reading what the maya help files say to do, it says that all you have to do is to select the object(s) and then go to Lighting/Shading -> Batch Bake (mental ray) -> option box and set your set your settings and click convert. I did that but, all I get is shinny the part of it without the refletions. So how do I get the reflections to work so that the alloys look like they are made out of chrome?.