Thread: Zbrush
View Single Post
# 1 04-10-2005 , 08:06 PM

Zbrush

I am kind of curious about Zbrush. I have read here that a lot of people use it, but I checked out their website, and it actually gives the impression that it can be used for both modeling AND adding detail/texturing. I looked at the tutorials and everything, and it shows you how to create models from scratch. On the contrary, here is is almost always used for adding detail to Maya models.

Is it used for modeling? I saw that the devs on Doom 3 used it, and I read the interview, but I couldn't really decide whether other 3D tools were used for modeling.

Note that I am talking about modeling here, though. I realize that Zbrush does not have a rigging tool (although one is planned apparently) and has poor rendering/lighting effects.

Thanks!

PS: Yes, I have searched the forum. I heard a lot of people say something like they started out basic in Maya and added detail in Zbrush. How basic? Doom has some crazy models, so did they just make a BASIC shape and add all of the detail in Zbrush?

user added image

Edit: One thing I forgot to mention, I also noticed Zbrush is almost excusively used for organic modeling, and not solid objects.