View Single Post
# 21 08-06-2009 , 03:45 PM

Originally posted by Tim_LIVID NitroLiq

I understand what you're saying, I suppose my only reservation in leaving it out is that I spent a long time making it and it's a model I'm proud of. It's not perfect as I can understand but I would still be reluctant not to include it as a demonstration of my ability. However, considering I don't have a job in industry yet it might be something I had to reconsider.

I know the feeling, believe me, but it really is considered a big "no-no" when putting together a portfolio. You're following instructions to build something rather than showing what you're capable on your own in spite of the time and tears spent modeling. You'd be better off showing a few highly-detailed models/concepts of your own if modeling is your goal....and always remember....it's quality over quantity. Variety is nice...demonstrate that you can model organic, inorganic, environments, etc. Come up with your own concepts. How many of these companies see the same car, spaceship, etc. models? Do something different...use your imagination...you want to stand out.

As far as the site goes, if you're not a web designer, why not just put together a wordpress blog/portfolio site and show off everything that way?

"Terminat Bora Diem, Terminal Auctor opus."