View Single Post
# 10 25-03-2012 , 06:08 PM
Lifetime Member
It certainly is a great tute. Whilst it's looking a little dated in the tools selection, it never hurts to get a refresher on how to model without some of the niceties we come to expect in a modeling package today.

I'm also finding now that I'm trying to second-guess Kari through the vids - thinking along the lines of 'y'know, that's much easier now if you do it with tool X rather than splitting and extending that particlular group of polys'.

... and of course, it's always interesting to try and unwind the thought processes into why certain things were done in a particular way (many the times I've uttered through clenched teeth ... No, no, no, no why on earth are you modeling it THAT way ... it's much easier to do it this way ... and then to find a couple of sections down the line either that my alternate approach is vindicated, or (more often) to think *shit* that's why he modeled it that way!!! [so far I'd say the odss on that happening are around 85:15 in Kari's favour, but I'm intent on improving them ... albeit slowly user added image