View Single Post
# 185 14-03-2011 , 08:33 AM
Subscriber
I dont know how often this happens for people but every so often (but very rarely) I duplicate a mesh and go to rotate it and it rotates really weirdly like its being scaled at the same time. It even ignores you when your rotate tool it turned on to discrete rotation. I think someone long ago had this issue but since it's so rare (at least I think it's rare) it's hard to resolve such issue. Found the way to solve it (don't know what causes it), just opened up the hypergraph to see if there were any odd inputs and it just turns out that the mesh is grouped weirdly, despite never having been explicitly grouped and all sources having their transforms frozen and all history deleted...
Just middle mouse drag it out of the group and it'll start rotating properly.
Below is a screen cap of the funny effect and the weird hierarchy that it came from...

these are really just features, not really tricks or work around limitations of maya

and because of that everyone is deceived by the title of this thread "Maya tips & tricks" and hates us for it because it has tips and tricks like the title said, and we should all be posting threads with non descriptive titles like 'help me' and 'i'm stuck'. Yeah. Right.

Attached Thumbnails

that's a "Ch" pronounced as a "K"

Computer skills I should have:
Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
Maya, XSI, Photoshop, AfterEffects, Motion, Illustrator, Flash, Swift3D