View Single Post
# 39 25-03-2007 , 08:17 PM
Hi all! I haven't done anything to this project...About the stars...the light coming from the sun is reflected by the earth surface and athmosphere .The light comming from the stars has a low intensity compared to sun light intensity so they aren't visible. When you go a little far from earth this light from those stars becomes visible...That's why on nasa's earth closeups pictures we don't see any star.About the athmosphere: I have done one more sphere next to surface and cloud spheres, and scale it properly,(i can't remember now the numbers) and i have map it with a transparency map.I have used a ramp in conjunction with sampler info and what i finished up doing is to connect facing ratio of the sampler to vCoord of the ramp.By doing that my sphere will be completely transparent in the center area and has a little opacity to the edges, that can be controled by the ramp.Objects have glow arround them and some glow in the center will make the athmosphere look unnatural.To that sphere i had added some glow with the attribute --hide source checked.You shoud turn auto exposure off...I have render the clouds and the atmosphere separately and then composed them back in Shake to gain a little bit of control.The peroject is far from end, so i will continue as soon as i can.Somebody asked me to write a tutorial about this"
( but i have deleted that message and i don't know who he was..) and i intend to keep my word (right now i am very busy because an aproacind deadline on my work)...Cheers to all of you! user added image