View Single Post
# 48 19-06-2010 , 10:13 PM
Subscriber
alright if merging is a bad idea, then there definitely needs to be more tutorials involving all aspects of maya.

Lighting, indoors and outdoors, natural, and artificial, morning, noon, evening and night.
Animation, rigging, skinning, painting weights, 2 legged, and 4 legged creatures, so we get the idea for both.
Dynamics, fluids, fields, soft/rigid bodies, effects, solvers, hair
Rendering, mainly mental ray since that seems to be the high end rendering that everyone does.
nDynamics, nCloth, nParticles, nConstraint

Like I've said if simplymaya had these kinds of tutorials I'd gladly spend my money here. I'd rather spend it here than some other sites I've been to. Rather support a community I really enjoy than a community I'm not even a part of, and don't really want to be a part of.

if there's no merging then tutorials should go beyond just the modeling that we see here all the time. Maybe if there is more modeling tutorials they can get into city scenes with sky scrapers, or houses. Scenes of fields and mountains, river beds and so on.

I don't know I usually follow a tutorial to figure out how to do what I'm making and use the tutorial as a reference... I only need so many "How to model a cartoon person" tutorials.

This is a site for maya lets try to get deeper into maya, explore the magic it can produce.

I'd love to help make tutorials but I wouldn't want them so badly if I already knew how to do them. I'm sure there are people here who can help with that, and make these.

As far as competitions go, last one I was in that I really liked and am going to visit my old project, was the Rube Goldberg comp. That was so much fun using dynamics and physics to make it work, with no actual animation.
I enjoyed watching the comp. of the dam breaking but had no idea how to tackle that one or how to even get started, couldn't find tutorials on how to even get started with a project like that.

These are ideas that I've been thinking about for quite a while with this site and would love to see them implemented.

- Mike

https://rhetoriccamel.blogspot.com