View Single Post
# 35 01-01-2010 , 03:41 PM
While I am on a roll.

Why don't both you guys go over to 3dbuzz, and 3d-palace, gnomon workshop, and kurv-studios websites and tell them that they are ALL teaching bad modeling practices because they all have tutorials that create models with geometry that has triangles and n-gons! Even tutorials from this website have models with n-gons and tri's.

So there are more examples to prove my point. Try going to their forum and berating ALL their tutorials that have quads and n-gons.

DT and gnomon and Kurv are certified Maya, Max, Houdini, XSI, and Lightwave instructors.

update: Oh yeah and check out the Behind the Scenes tutorials a tutorial series at gnomon to demonstrate the actual modeling, uv layout, rigging, animation, and rendering pipeline of actual studios where they have both hard surface BTS5 and organic character BTS3 tutorials where models with tri's and n-gons are created.

I don't have to do anything more to prove my point unless you guys can PROVE yours, I am done with this discussion!

"If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." Sir Isaac Newton, 1675

Last edited by ctbram; 01-01-2010 at 04:06 PM.