Thread: IndianaJones
View Single Post
# 142 15-08-2010 , 07:41 PM
As Zbrushiac sounds stupid!
Hey Mastone, Nice model.

To answer some of your questions, if they haven't been answered elsewhere by now...

You can use the "projectAll" button in the Sub-tool menu to project the details of one mesh to the new 'edited' mesh you've imported. You can also transfer subdivision by subdivision detail by simply Projecting All on each subdivision layer. You can however crank your Edited meshes subdivision layers up to the same level as your original mesh, e.g: 10 subdivisions, then simply "ProjectAll" and your mesh will have detail throughout all the lower subdivisions. However I prefer to do it level by level, as I think it transfers the details better and you wont get as many artifacts.

I've also had your other problem, trying to sculpt a hand while trying to navigate the viewport with the other hand visible. Just hide the one hand like you would the rest of the body, then when you're done sculpted the other hand, mask off the hand you just sculpted plus any other areas you do not want effected, then go to: Tool>> Deformation>> Smart RySym. This will update the non-sculpted hand with the sculpting data from the sculpted hand.

Hope that all makes sense.

www.stevenegan-cgi.com

"Your weapons are no match for ours! People of Mars, surrender!"
"Um, this isn't Mars. This is Earth."
"Earth? Earth-with-nuclear-weapons Earth?"
"Yes."
[long pause] "Friend!!"

Last edited by Mayaniac; 15-08-2010 at 07:43 PM.