Thread: Socking?
View Single Post
# 1 17-09-2008 , 05:38 PM
Subscriber

Socking?

I am following a tutorial about constructing a NURBS model (animal) and am learning to attach arms and legs using the Socking process.

So far so good. I have managed to attach the arms, legs, and a tail using a lengthy series of repeatedly attaching, detaching, and rebuilding the NURBS patches. As you can see from the picture, things look okay.

What I cannot comprehend is this (lack of knowledge to see what I'm striving for):

1) Will these limbs ever become a permanent part of the model that no longer requires a Global Stitch to hold them together?

I ask because after attaching these limbs, I end up with a more than one Global Stitch node that are holding the model together, but as soon as I use the Edit>Delete By Type > History to clean things up, I loose the Global Stitch nodes.

However, as you can see from the picture, the NURBS model is still in tack. But, if I tug on one of the arms or legs without that Global Stitch node, the patches pull away from the model!

2) Is there a point where all of these patches will be stitched together so that when I begin deforming the limbs, I'm not pulling the arms off?

user added image