Thread: Modelling
View Single Post
# 9 20-02-2006 , 01:22 PM
Actually I am not sure why I am listed as a senior member - I have only been using this site since January and the only UV map I have made so far is for my jan/Feb contest entry, so I am not sure how much help I can offer.

But, if I understand you correctly, you have selected your model, automapped it and then opened up the UV texture editor. All of the little squares that i think that you are describing are the faces of your model . If you look at the top of the texture editor, you will see lots of different tools, such as move and sew. By back clicking on your UV map and selecting UVs or Edges or whatever, you should be able to rearrange all of these faces so that you can create a flat representation of your model. Sorry i cannot be more specific - I am at work again and can't check my computer. It's a slow process. There was a good tutorial on the web for UV mapping a stool that I tried to find again for you, but it seems to have been taken down.

I noticed that this thread seems to have veered away completely from the original question. You might want to try starting a new specific thread for your question and you should also post pictures to help us see what you mean.

EDIT: oops! Just saw your other thread, so please ignore my 'Start your own thread' comment.

Last edited by arran; 20-02-2006 at 01:49 PM.