View Single Post
# 1 11-06-2007 , 09:21 PM
The Maya Mountain

Texturing Challenge Winner!

Congrats and thank you to all who participated in our first texturing challenge! It was challenging to think of how a texturing challenge might be fair and I was glad to see the provided models get such good use! I hope everyone who participated managed to learn something and have fun as well.

The judging, while with few entries, was still very challenging to pick a winner! Those of you who managed to make it to the end all did an excellent job!

Winners!
-----------

user added image
1st Place

tweetytunes

user added image

Congrats! Great presentation and consistency of style. Nice render too! Send me your mailing info and I'll get your signed book in the mail!

user added image
2nd Place

sandman300

user added image

Very nice job, sandman! With a bit more consistency of style and a last coat of polish, this could have easily been #1, but even so, it looks great and you gave Sir Cadbury a lot of character through your textures!

user added image
3rd Place

Perfecto

user added image

Nice job, perfecto! I liked the modifications you made to the base model as well as the presentation on the stand. You added some nice details with the scope and strap and I liked the ingenuity shown in creating custom textures through models and rendering in 3D!

Congrats again everyone! The new challenge is now available!

https://forum.simplymaya.com/showthre...threadid=26549

-Mike
The Maya Toolbelt