Thread: Matte Paintings
View Single Post
# 10 31-03-2010 , 02:19 PM
Subscriber

Originally posted by daverave
Hi Ben
Looking good, the only crit I would have is in the second mat the tree in the middle and in the far distance are to dark against the bright background, light in these areas tend to lap around these objects, I was going to rib you about getting your money back from that course but I think it was money well spent.......dave

Thanks Dave. user added image Gonna rib me! ha ha.

One of the ongoing learning curves on the course, has been about planning ahead for the compositing stage. There are some things which you do before you leave photoshop, and other things which you can leave and save for the compositing stage, and the sunglare thing is one of them. It was an issue on the castle/lake picture with the foliage in the foreground, and same again here. I put your comment to my tutor, and the compromise is I am going to add a litle now to, kind of, set it in stone, that it is there, and needs looking at, but then, apparently, we will work on it more in After Effects or Nuke or whereever.

Its a technique called lightwrap, apparently there are procedural ways of applying it in compositing