View Single Post
# 3 26-04-2008 , 03:17 AM

:) thanks for the input

i agree with everything you just said mate user added image

The face i modeled didnt turn out as i had hoped, the nose ridge was all wrong, and if i had displayed it on an angle you would see the eyes /sockets were... um bodgy also.

The half man robo dude is scary, and i dont know why i put him in there he was a failed project, but i needed filler.. lol

The ball man was incredibly simple to make, it only took me 1 day for the finished product which says it all, however, that to a degree was half the point of the character. i wanted to make a character that was simple yet have a little character to it..

and yeah i did repeat the 2 main ones alot the the ball man and the robot, and to be honest, i cheated with the robot, he took me about 3 weeks to model and i tried to make him run around but i couldnt figure it out, so i cheated and attached his legs to motion paths in a 24 frame circuit, i would much rather have animated him in a longer sequence however, my know how of maya atm is extreemly limited, i've only been using it for 1-2 monthsish.

this does seem like kinda bodgy work, and to a degree it is, as i decided to apply for JMC acadamy about 3 weeks ago... and the course starts on june 10th, so ive been in a rush to get them model'd

i also screwed up the face for modeling..
i have a cat that likes to jump on the keyboard alot, so inturn i save things alot ( cat has a "delete button fetish") so i did a quick smoothe on the face to see how it was going then i saved it out of habit.. and i dont know how to unsmoothe the face ... lol terrible

Thanks for your input, and i will be tryng to refine these guys more when i get the fullversion... (looking foward to it, does the full version , Maya complete 8.5 or what ever come with training dvd's?) i heard that ple files cant be opened in F/Version so i dont want to go nuts and have to start again.