View Single Post
# 5 12-04-2009 , 09:44 AM
Lead Modeler - Framestore
Mike

its not always necessary to create a blendshape before doing work in ZB, but if its good for the workflow then fine.

With regards to the map tiling, its sounding like you have had an exploded uv in Zbrush. I had this trouble in the week on a 12million poly model(In production) it took me a while to figure it out. So every time I had to make the dismap zb would recalculate the tile, it ended up having 47 tile maps which is pretty useless at the end of the day. You only need have 1 tile which would be your 0 -1 uv. You can use the 'check mesh info' command under the Multidis3 menu set. It should just display 1 setting.

also try this code; de-hbek-eaeaea-r32

this will generate a 16bit dismap and not a 32bit as your previous setting. Also worth noting, IF you are to open these in PS to edit make sure color management is OFF other wise all the bit bit depth will go to hell and screw the map.

always generate the map at the lowest res as it wont calculate properly. As for using Adaptive or Subpix, thats a matter of choice at the end of the day as to whatt works best for you. I use adaptive as its faster and I get very good results. If you're using subpix dont go any higher than 2. And lastly Intensity is usually set to 1 and mode should be 'on' to create the Dismap and not a standard bump.

hope this helps

Jay