Thread: First Demo Reel
View Single Post
# 5 11-01-2005 , 03:31 AM
Subscriber
Hey guys,

Sorry for the the late reply. Thanks for taking a look at my reel and commenting.

vladimirjp:
The plugin used gives each muscle a jiggle node which can be adjusted so the muscles move more realistically. The muscle popping is occuring do some wrongly placed upLocators for the muscles, a problem that will soon be remedied. We'd just figured it out, but when I was doing the reel I didn't have as much time to site down and do an intense look. Holiday breaks had cut into our class schedule so deadlines and everything were even quicker than it was usually.

I do plan to skin it, and will soon do it, am in the process of finishing up another character for a friend. The beast was actually supposed to be skinned by the time I was part way thru my demo reel class. But the skinning plugin we were going to use didin't arrive till I was pretty much done with the class. But I hope to have him skinned soon, not to mention get the texture and fur for him from the guy I am working with.

Omy and SuperTrooper:
Full Sail has a pretty decent program for computer animation. Most of the teachers and lab instructors are great, and will help you out with pretty much anything. Tho, you have to go to them, primarily since they're there for everyone and can't keep watch on just a few people user added image . That is unless you get them to remember you in a good way, not by acting like a suck up or brown-noser, most don't like that.

The schedules are definitely crazy, but you have to expect that from an accellerated program. Sometimes you'll have normal class and lab hours; others you'll have labs at anywhere from 1 am or even 5 am. Tho, usually you won't have such schedule more than a month at a time. They are just something to be ready for, but they usually aren't all that bad.

I know that the school is in the process of getting new gear and are also revising classes so that they have a lot of the updated techniques happening in the industry.

Tho they have their faults, they're just typical faults that you can hear about most schools. Not too mention each person has different concepts about faults and what not.

Either way I think it was worth it. Probably would've done something different if I was able to, but I'm fine with things now. One of my main suggestions for you or anyone else who's interested, don't go in expecting everything to be given to you on a silver platter, that you're owed everything, your not and you won't get anything out of the school. Basically it's what you put into it. Most of the people who go in with that attitude, end up being the ones down the street asking "Do you want fries with that?"

Lol, Now I'm off my little boxuser added image. Good luck with your decision and thanks again for thoughts on my reel.

John