View Single Post
# 36 16-09-2010 , 09:33 PM
Subscriber
I get you I think Hammer. I always just use automatic uvs, but as I just had some logos and stuff and it was all pretty flat surfaces I thought I could get away with a planar. What I did in the end was just, instead, where I had been using say, one black plastic material, and one silver metal material for all the black and silver parts, I duplicated a new version for each part that had a texture. Seemed to do the trick. I much prefer working with materials rather than uvs.

So, although it looks like there's just one main black colour all over, theres really 5 or 6 black shaders on there. Perhaps this was the long route.

I created a quick animation of my phone. It's about as basic as it gets, but as I want to send it off tomorrow a.m, I did what I thought I knew how, and what I could get done by tonight, without messing anything up. I should have pushed myself harder, maybe put in some ease-ins and out's or something, or had the camera flashing. But it's ok. There are two more CG society courses I'd like to do (Nuke Compositing, and Photorealism in Mental Ray), but I think I need to add an animation one on top of that too. I'm uploading the animation to my Vimeo account at the moment, will post a link when it's done.