View Single Post
# 1 26-09-2010 , 11:44 PM
Subscriber

Modeling a scene with a lot of objects

Well I'm starting to work on a possible animation and there is going to be a lot involved in this one. I've got the ideas in my head and started writing them down in a story board fashion without the pictures because I can't draw too well, but I might attempt it anyway.

The scenes are going to be in a house, main character and his dog getting ready to go to the local park to play. They will then leave the house, walk down the street to the park, where there is a playground (slides, ladders, monkey bars, large sandbox, bleachers, swing set, fence, and a huge field). Oh and also a ball, which is modeled after my dogs favorite ball.

All of this is quite large, or going to be anyway, and I was wondering can I model all of this in the same project scene or would separating the house from the outside walk down the street and the playground all in different scenes and just import the characters into each scene as I need them?

I'm figuring when it comes time to animate the scenes I'll probably have to render in layers anyway so that's what made me wonder if I should make it all one scene or not.

- Mike

https://rhetoriccamel.blogspot.com