View Single Post
# 29 18-06-2010 , 06:47 PM
EduSciVis-er
I'll be completely honest here and say what I think about this site. This site for me has an awesome community with great members, and the best I've come across. I've heard this from many others too. So the forum is a very strong part of the site, in terms of a quick way to find answers to problems, a fun place to take part in challenges, and a helpful way to get good feedback on projects.
I personally don't use this site for tutorials as much, though I have watched some in the past (other resource types and places are more cost effective and well-rounded for me I think). It is challenging and expensive to provide a large selection of tutorials on all topics that people want.

So, I think this site should focus on the areas in which it excels, and maybe re-think some other areas. If simplymaya wants to branch out into a wider array of tutorials, that's fine, but I think directing energy into more community-based areas could be beneficial. Also, as mentioned, exposure on social networking sites could be a big plus.
My $0.02.

-stwert

Website - Blog - YouTube - Vimeo - Facebook - Twitter

-->How to Effectively Ask Questions on Forums<--