Thread: Your views
View Single Post
# 10 20-11-2003 , 05:37 AM
I can't say much that hasn't already been said but I'll throw in my .02. With regards to political/religious issues popping up in the member's lounge...I watch them very closely or if I miss it, one of the other mods will usually bring it up. My personal feeling is that this is a maya site, first and foremost....the member's lounge is supposed to be a place to chat about anything and have fun....and people usually do. But, we won't tolerate abuse/racism even if it wasn't the intent of the author to "offend." As others have mentioned, there are other boards to vent out that kind of crap and we definitely won't hesitate to delete threads that get a little too fiery.

Language-wise, I think it's important to keep it clean as this is a public board with a diverse age group. Swearing in a thread to let someone know how mad you are because you're fillets aren't happening or whatever won't solve your problem. It also shows a level of unprofessionalism.

Links....well, I personally think that ppl smart enough to learn maya should also be smart enough to use google and do a little legwork on their own as most maya/portal sites can be found that way. If it's a particularly specific question, I'll point someone in the right direction if it's a hard to find site or something like that (non-commercial).

It's good to hear that folks like the site and how we moderate it as alot of it boils down to common sense. Thankfully, all of the mods have a good deal of patience and common sense and are just great to work with.

"Terminat Bora Diem, Terminal Auctor opus."