View Single Post
# 5 03-01-2005 , 05:02 AM

Originally posted by Kumar
So which one is the one with texture stretching, the polys or nurbs. How easy is a nurbs model to texture. i have often heard ppl saying its more difficult to texture a nurbs model.

The toy story movies have texture stretching in them, the texture looks blurly and stuff.

Texturing will come down to how you want to do it, UV mapping is one way there's are other ways some are good some are bad, as in they will take longer to render etc.

UV mapping is good if you want to use a single texture map for your model, that's how the game engines like to do it, you can also use single maps for an object.

Maya has a few tools to help with UV mapping as has an auto UVmap lay out thing, where it chops up all the faces and lays them out flat onto an image for you.

Or

You can use the 3D paint tools and you can paint a layout onto a texture so you know whats what, and it will lay out the seprate bits.

I can't really help you heaps as I'm only learning maya myself but I got a book to help me out with knowing how to use the tools better.

There's some really interneting things you can do with the 3D paint tool from what I've read as you can use it to see if a texture will be ok or not, and other things.