Thread: Ancient Tomb
View Single Post
# 1 09-04-2010 , 12:11 AM
Subscriber

Ancient Tomb

Good evening once again everyone!!

I have been looking for something to do and have started a few things, but did not want to spend the time on them. I was looking through some CD's I have and on the Total Textures # 8 'Tribes & Civilizations' there is this picture in the tutorial section. The lighting did interest me and what more could be done with it.I had gotten the bundle of Total Textures when I first started working with 3D, as I figured that would become a big part of it all. The tutorials from them are more guidelines than a tutorial, so these are old. The textures all came with the CD, so that will make it a little easier. I am just interested in playing with it and learning from it right now.

Anyway!! ;-)

I have started to do this as a project and wanted to post it up before I progress. Thought it may be fun to play and a learning experience with such a scene.

I will post a second message with what I have up to now. I needed to use more geometry on two, of what I call 'Beauty Walls', as they will be displaced. I had also hoped to do more to the actual Crypt itself and make it more interesting!! I have not done any flames in a scene and wondered if a of stand with fire may be nice. Having a lot of what my Father called 'Pipe Dreams'. But will try and do what I can.

That is my hopes anyway! But I always remember "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride!! ;-)

Have a good evening all!!

Attached Thumbnails

Challenge me and I will try. Because If I should fail, failure also has a prize (Knowledge).