View Single Post
# 1 02-04-2010 , 07:40 AM
Lead Modeler - Framestore

Clash Of the Titans

Hey guys

I couldnt post any comments last weekend as it was all hush hush and all sworn to secrecy etc, but I was lucky enough last Sunday to get invited to a crew screening of 'Clash' and the out come was overall pretty darn good. A real monster romp, and its pretty much non stop action all the way thru it. It doesnt let up As we all know its a remake and its been done well, Im a sucker for this type of movie....you know CG creatures etc so for me it was a right old treat.

Although I didnt do any work on the film our guys at Cinesite did a great job on the scorpion creatures, but... I did get to play with the rig last year as one of the guys I sit next to actually had the task of rigging it. Its pretty impressive stuff. Also for those wanting a bit more juice, I believe the texture and dis maps were made from references photos from bread crust and carrot skin!! LOL oh yeah!!

My only tiny tiny gripe, was the 2d to 3d switch which was done in post production in the comp. No its not as good as Avatars there, but it works okay, there are couple of cardboard cutout moments but thats compromise from 2d to 3d at the end of the process instead of a full 3d shoot throughout.

theres an article on it this months 3d world too

laters

Jay