View Single Post
# 10 12-01-2006 , 05:43 AM
Hmm no response yet. Perhaps my question wasn't clear enough. I'll try to explain again:

I've cut my dog in half as per instruction from cartoon dog tutorial. Now, I've been instructed to boolean>union two pieces together but this was NOT demonstrated in the video with the half-dog model - the only boolean operations were done BEFORE splitting the dog. After splitting, I could NOT get the two to combine.

Therefore, I was thinking it might be impossible to perform any boolean action unless one of the two pieces is bisected by an unbroken plane, which would be impossible with a half-dog and a full nose, assuming the nose is centered on the dog's face.

Sooo I put the other half of the dog back on my model. I STILL can't get the two pieces to "union". Are there any methods to determine what faults in my model, if any, are causing the inability to perform boolean operations?

Maybe I should post my file somewhere and someone could take a peek at it for me?

Also I have these two floating vertexes:

user added image

I can't delete them and when I move them nothing seems to happen. Are these a result of mirroring geometry from left to right?

Thanks for any help,

Inuzori

Last edited by inuzori; 12-01-2006 at 06:01 AM.