View Single Post
# 3 22-11-2006 , 05:09 PM
Subscriber
if he is learning Maya so be it but nice suggestion, either he goes illegal or lays out a heap of cash for two programs and unless he does completely nothing else with his life except waste it by a computer he might learn both programs within 3 years MIGHT!

Kurt already has a number of tuts about interiors and exteriors, but if you are looking for CAD architecture, you will need a plug in I think. Kurt's tuts may seem just , well copy me sort of thing, but he does mention that he uses inches and feet or metres, etc for reasons that architecture plans come in these measurements and he shows how to adjust Maya to get the correct dimensions (settings/ feet and inches/ centimetres).

he is not the best, they are all the best.

If you really want to do REAL architecture, go to school/ college or uni, whatever, but do not rely on a tut to teach you those skills, people take years of hard effort to get into that business, but if you just want to mess around with a few plans, well, a few tuts are fine and so is Maya, but is you want to get work in that area, go with the experienced ones as in the reply before mine, this adam seems to have his finger on the pulse. just decide how serious you are, Kurt is busy making sea creatures and stunning organics, he does have a few tuts for interiors, check out the DVD tut section.

take it easy and life will be easy