Thread: wine cellar
View Single Post
# 16 05-10-2007 , 05:52 AM
As antiant pointed out, the bump on your textures are a little too high. The floor looks great though. I'm not completely sure but the center back wall (lighter color) looks like the bump might be going the wrong way. If it has a positive bump value, try going negative to see what it looks like.

And yes, your render is way better now. I can tell that you're going to leave me in the dust when it comes to rendering. Keep at it and you'll have Mental Ray nailed down in no time.

Do you have caustics turned on in your render globals? Are you casting photons? These will help your glass bottles look more realistic. Although it's not quite that simple. I would turn up your reflections, refractions, and shadow depth to a minimum of 4, possibly more depending on where your light(s) are. I would also use dielectric materials on them too so they act more like glass. If you're not familiar with this stuff, try and search for a tutorial on these. It will really make a nice improvement to your scene.

Don't be satisfied with what you can do but rather strive to do the things you can't do!
Exceed Expectations!